Objectives & Functions
Functions of the Boards:
The Bihar Building & Other Construction Workers Welfare Board: -
- Provide financial assistance to registered construction workers in case of accident.
- Provides pension to the registered construction workers who have completed the age
of sixty years.
- Sanction loans, grants and advances to registered construction workers for construction/repair of a house not exceeding such amount
and on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed time to time.
- Provide such amount which is prescribed as premium of Insurance Scheme/Pension
Scheme of the beneficiaries as may be prescribed time to time
- Provide such financial assistance for the education of children of the beneficiaries
as may be prescribed.
- Meet such medical expenses for treatment of major ailments of registered construction
workers or, such dependent, as may be prescribed time to time.
- Provide such amount as maternity benefit to the female registered construction workers.
- Create provisions and prescribe other measures for welfare of registered construction